My Torrid Mascara Affairs
I am by no means a beauty blogger. I do have secret fantasies of being a beauty editor for a magazine, or blog and being sent tons of free products. But alas, I am not, so any products I get are on my own dime (or from loitering around a Sephora, Ulta, or department store cosmetic counter). I am an avid makeup wearer. While I don’t pile on the slap, I do wear a little bit every day, mostly on my eyes. If I’m trying to be cute I’ll usually put on the primer, foundation, etc. I am not a bronzer/blush/highlighter wearer. If I was, I am certain I would be in debt up to my eyeballs. There is one product however, that I cannot get enough of, and am a big sucker for. Mascara.
Whenever I see an advertisement for mascara, all my rational thoughts go out the window and I become a consumerist zombie, immediately going out to get my hands on whatever new miracle mascara is being peddled.
I can’t quite explain my obsession with eyelashes. I am not a lady of naturally sparse lashes. They’re not incredibly long, or lush, but they’re not terrible either. In my opinion my eyes are my nicest feature, so anything to bring attention to them, and not the rest of my big, dumb face is welcome. I don’t carry all the mascaras I own in my daily use cosmetic case, so I decided to salvage them all from my bathroom drawer, car floor, etc., for a photo-op. I arranged them all by brand.
Oh goodness. Please excuse my heroin mattress (I am washing my sheets as I write this).
From left to right:
1. Benefit “They’re Real” in Black
2. Covergirl Natureluxe Mousse Mascara in Very Black
3. Covergirl Lashblast 24 Hr. in Very Black
4. Rimmel Volume Flash “Scandaleyes” in Extreme Black
5. Rimmel Lash Accelerator in Extreme Black
6. Revlon Photoready 3D Volume in Blackest Black
7. Revlon Grow Luscious in Blackest Black
8. Maybelline Illegal Lengths in Blackest Black
9. Maybelline Volum’ Express “The Falsies” in Very Black
10. Maybelline Volum’ Express “The Falsies Flared” in Very Black
11. Maybelline Volum’ Express “One by One” in Blackest Black
12. Maybelline Great Lash BIG in Very Black
13. Maybelline Great Lash “Lot’s of Lashes” in Blackest Black
14. L’Oreal Voluminous False Lashes in (I can’t read the print for the color, but I’m sure it’s some extreme blackity black as night black black black)
15. L’Oreal True Match Naturale in Blackest Black
16. L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black
17. Kiss “i-Envy” Volume n’ Define in Very Black
18. Femme Couture Lightning Lash Lengthening Mascara in Black
The saddest part is that I threw out a ton of old mascaras before writing this. I’ll try to right up some reviews of my favorites in this bunch.
With a wink and a smile,